COURSE IN DEVELOPMENT
The market for erotic fiction and nonfiction is booming! For the beginning writer, erotica can be the ideal place to begin writing, getting published, and -- best of all -- earning money. And for the experienced writer, erotica can be an excellent way to beef up your resume and hone your writing skills.
In this informative and entertaining online course, you’ll learn what you need to know about how to write erotic short stories, nonfiction essays, and novels… and get them published.
The powerhouse duo of Ralph Greco and M.Christian, seasoned experts in the world of erotic writing, will help you sharpen your writing and promotional skills as you prepare for success as a paid writer of erotica or sexuality-related nonfiction.
This is a four-part self-paced course with recorded lectures, online forum discussions, personal Q&A, and optional assignments.
As you work through this guided learning experience with Ralph and Chris, you'll be able to learn:
Part 1: Basics
- Where to get erotic story ideas
- Techniques for creating love and sex scenes that sizzle
- What is and isn't erotica—and why it's different from porn
- How to handle rejection
Part 2: Honing Your Craft
- How to create engaging characters
- Developing your erotic vocabulary
- How to write for a wide variety of erotic genres (gay, lesbian, fetishes, etc.)
- Dealing with sexual taboos
- The joys and headaches of sexual research
- The importance of copyediting
Part 3: Selling Your Writing
- Current pay rates
- How to submit stories and novels
- The benefits and perils of self publishing
- The world of ebooks
- Markets for nonfiction sex writing
- Working with erotic publishing companies
Part 4: Publicity
- "The net" and its good and bad for erotic writers
- Reaching your audience
- How to create a great author's site
- Thinking outside your box: Social media, marketing, and PR
Assignments are optional, but the the more you participate, the more you’ll benefit. Those who wish to earn a badge for this course must complete specified assignments.
Watch a Free Intro
Enjoy this free introductory discussion from Ralph and Chris,
About the Instructors
Two respected experts in the field of erotic writing, Ralph Greco and M. Christian, join forces to offer education and support to current and aspiring writers of erotic literature and adult-oriented non-fiction through R. Greco and M. Christian Presents